All could lend a helping hand
We all would be a little closer
To the Promised Land
WAFFathon Official Thread
Welcome, everyone, to the second official WAFFathon, making the Internet a little happier. The premise behind the WAFFathon is simple: Fandom is great, but let's face it, it can get pretty dark around here at times. Not to mention that it rains absolute CRAP on the characters we most love. So to make their not-quite-canon lives a little better, and to increase the per-capita volume of Warm and Fuzzy Feelings (WAFF for short) on these here intertubes, the WAFFathon has arrived!
How to Play:
1) Comment with a fandom, a pairing, and a prompt. Your prompt can be specific, general, vague, cryptic, silly, goofy, OOC, AU, sexy, anything you like, so long as it brings a little sunshine in the end.
2) Find a prompt you like and make something fluffy and feel-goody out of it. Fanfic, fanart, manips, icons, vids, fanmixes, motis and macros, and anything else creative are all welcome. Adult content is also welcome, but remember that the goal is to be WAFFy!
3) Post it (or a link to it) in the comments.
4) Watch people's lives light up!
1) Provide lots of encouragement to the creators. Feedback. Compliment. Hug. Friend. Mem. It's good karma.
2) This meme will be very lightly policed, but policed it will be. So behave. No trashing of others, fandoms, ships, chars, stories, or the meme writ large will be tolerated. Friendly concrit or suggestions are fine, but keep in mind that we are trying to make people happy, not insecure. As your Moddess Goddess(TM), I reserve the right to do what I feel I need to do. Which I hope will be nothing, but which you are hereby forewarned can change depending on my very mercurial mood. So... like I said. Behave.
3) I have no end date in sight for this meme, but I suggest keeping it a weeklong activity.
4) You are more than welcome to crosspost your creative works wherever you like. It should go without saying that taking someone else's work and passing it off as your own elsewhere is unacceptable by any definition. I refer folks to stop_plagiarism as a good place to follow up on any problems that might occur.
Make the world even happier!
A couple of extra things you can do if you want to make everyone happier:
1) Readers/viewers: If you find an author/creative person you like, go back through their other works and comment on them, or rec their works on your journal. Creative people love feedback and it's especially gratifying when you get feedback on something you thought was lost to time and when someone likes your work enough to recommend it to his or her friends.
2) Creators: be sure to thank readers for their time and energy spent on your work. Friend them if they've friended you or recced you. One of the great things about fan-creative communities is the proximity you can have to the people you admire and respect. We don't get to have conversations with Joss and Kring and the rest, but we can talk to each other and that's even cooler.
3) Pimp this meme to any friends or communities you think would be interested. You can find banners and code at the Banner Dump thread. Hotlink your little hearts out!
4) If you're feeling really encouraged, please consider making the world a better place on behalf of the fandom community.
International Committee of the Red Cross * America's Second Harvest * Humane Society International * UNICEF * American Cancer Society * Oxfam * Amnesty International
(I know we're all poor in fandom, but we're actually very rich!)
5) Tell someone you love today how much you care for and appreciate them, and remember: Happiness is a completely renewable energy source!
...perdiccas and oxoniensis for hosting similar memes in the past that I've participated in. You guys set up the model for me to build on.
...moorishflower , speccygeekgrrl , _emomuffin , saavikam77 , mad_maeglin , etoiledunord , drabblewriter, senor_coconut_1 and darth_firefly for cheering for the idea and volunteering to leave prompts, fill prompts, and/or pimp.
...YOU! for reading and writing!