This week's Arrow had some great moments and some plot holes. I'm really enjoying the series so far but it is basically playing for me like a Batman series without the name Batman. Rich playboy puts on a facade, is super serious in his underground lair, and now his manservant/companion is his confidant? Pffffff. I mean, seriously. Maybe I don't know enough about Oliver/Green Arrow to tell the difference, but what's the difference?
Discussion points/thoughts copied over from tweets:
1) Somehow I missed that Thea is supposed to be in high school. She looks like a college brat if anything. She's still one of the best actresses on the show, but I have trouble believing high school. Ah well.
2) OK, I just want more Oliver jumping around on buildings and climbing things, may I have more of that please? Because that is hot shit.
3) So how many languages does Ollie know? I mean, I got that he spoke mandarin or whatever because of the island, but when the hell did he learn Russian? I fear the inevitable episode when he butchers Japanese. But I fear all episodes where people butcher Japanese. (thank you Supernatural and Heroes for doing it right most of the time)
4) I still love Tommy Merlin [sp?] more than life itself. He is a hottie pants. His bromance with Ollie is totally shippable. And GOD, he looks good in leather. I know they're just doing the Tommy/
5) I have a great affinity for identity reveals. The part where the hero takes off his mask is invariably one of my favorite moments of almost any media. So I was jumping up and down when this one happened. I really look forward to seeing Ollie trust someone. And he couldn't pick a better someone to trust, either. I look forward to seeing Diggs choose his alliances. Ollie's not the one paying him, after all.
6) OH HALLO REFERENCE TO BLUDHAVEN IN THE PREVIEW. :D (can we please have nightwing please please please please how bout matt cohen)
That's that, have at it! SPN meta coming next.